BEAUTIFUL DENTAL CROWNS IN A SINGLE VISIT
When Sirona Dental Systems introduced their revolutionary CEREC milling in the 1980s, creating custom-made dental crowns for patients became much easier. Treatment with a traditional crown takes at least two visits. But using Sirona’s CEREC milling unit, we can create a custom-made crown in a single visit. CEREC crowns are made from durable ceramic instead of gold or another metal. Ceramic crowns are biocompatible, making them safer and more resistant to wear over time.
Keep reading to learn more about CEREC in New Orleans, including whether or not it may be a good option for your smile.
WHAT IS CEREC?
CEREC stands for the “chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics.” It is a type of technology that allows your dentist to plan for, prepare, and place a dental crown in one appointment.
We may recommend a CEREC crown for the following issues:
- To heal a tooth with severe decay
- To hold together a weak or broken tooth
- To repair a broken or leaking existing dental crown
- To complete a root canal
- And other issues
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
HOW DOES CEREC WORK?
If you need a dental crown and are eligible for CEREC, we will start by preparing your tooth and collecting all the information we need about its size and shape. Then, Dr. Canatella will send these important specifications to the CEREC unit, which will begin milling your restoration while you relax in our office. When your crown is complete, all we have to do is bond it in place, restoring its strength and appearance. In all, the process takes around an hour to complete.
BENEFITS OF CEREC
CEREC offers a number of benefits for patients who need a dental crown. Some of the most significant advantages of this treatment include the following:
- Save time: Because the entire treatment is completed start to finish in a single dental appointment, you will not have to plan for a follow-up trip to the dental office — saving your valuable time and sick leave from work.
- No need for a temporary crown: Eliminating the second appointment means you will not have to spend any time wearing a temporary crown, which may break or be uncomfortable.
- A better fit: CEREC is integrated with digital scanning technology, which eliminates the need for bite-down impressions. Biting down on wet cement is uncomfortable for the patient and does not provide the most accurate results.
- Lasting results: Research shows that dental crowns completed with CEREC last just as long and are as effective as traditional crowns.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR CEREC?
Most patients who are in need of a dental crown can benefit from CEREC one-visit crowns. The only way to know what the best option is for your smile is to visit our office. During a dental appointment, Dr. Canatella or Dr. Neumeyer will take X-rays, discuss your problem, and put together a treatment plan that suits your smile perfectly. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to schedule a consultation today!